Skip to content
- Promote the importance of soils and the use of quality soil knowledge and expertise.
Our purpose (reason for our existence)
- Harness our expertise and knowledge to improve the management of our soils.
What we do
- Capture and transfer our core soils wisdom to increase the effectiveness of future soil managers.
- Improve access, awareness and use of quality soil information.
- Promote the use of evidence-based decisions in land management.
- Establish and broker effective industry, agency and community links.
- Mentor and inspire the next generation of soil specialists.
Why we do it
- We have a shared passion and commitment for soils knowledge, its application and transfer.
- We respect each other, our experience, knowledge and ideals.
- We will work as an independent partner with government and industry.
- To enjoy ourselves while we make a difference.
How we do it
- make soil educational videos for farmers, students and front-liners.
- collect and archive Legacy information, where it is not generally available.
- hold meetings, conduct field trips and engage with the local communities.
- write journal articles and attend conferences.
- promote a need for effective Soil Policy in NSW.
- compile Position Statements on a range of soil related subjects – what we think!
- mentor younger students and front-liners.
- conduct soil training workshops for farmers and front-liners.
- manage and communicate via our Facebook page and SKN website.
- secure our own financial independence.