Vision, Purpose, Goals and Values
Our vision (long term goal)
- Promote the importance of soils and the use of quality soil knowledge and expertise.
Our purpose (reason for our existence)
- Harness our expertise and knowledge to improve the management of our soils.
- To capture and transfer our core soils wisdom to increase the effectiveness of future soil managers.
- To improve access, awareness and use of quality soil information.
- To promote the use of evidence based decisions in land management.
- To establish effective industry, agency and community links.To be valued and sought after for soil knowledge and advice.
- To have clear direction and momentum.
- To be known for excellence, fairness and rigor.
- To be the collaborative Network to which all soil specialists want to contribute.
- Societies need healthy soils for ecological and economic survival.
- We have a shared passion and commitment for soils knowledge and its wise application.
- We respect each other, our experience, knowledge and ideals.
- We will work as an independent partner with government and industry.
- We mentor and inspire the next generation of soil specialists.
- To enjoy ourselves while we make a difference.